Functions of the crypto app Blockpit
What advantages does Blockpit offer Coinbase trader?
About the cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase & Coinbase Pro
Fees, security, functions & cryptocurrencies for Coinbase
As with other crypto exchanges, Fiat currencies are used exclusively to purchase different coins. The transactions at Coinbase are equipped with a step-by-step guide. Coinbase also offers a mobile app. In contrast to the desktop version, this has an additional wallet for storage.
The range of cryptocurrencies offered by Coinbase is very modest compared to other crypto exchanges such as Kraken, Binance or Bitpanda. Users can only trade the following five coins: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Dash and USD Coin.
On the positive side, 98% of the systems are stored offline, so hackers should not be able to access them via the Internet. The other 2% are online, but protected by a security system. It is also worth pointing out that the user's investments are covered by insurance against theft. In addition, an AES-256 encryption is used, which is often used by banks. Furthermore, every user is asked to complete a two-factor authentication.
Like other Exchanges, Coinbase also charges fees. On the FAQ page of the exchange you can find a list of all fees. In contrast to Coinbase, the fees for the Pro version of exchange are lower.
One of the first decisions that trading beginners come into contact with is the right choice of crypto exchange: Coinbase vs. Coinbase Pro, Coinbase vs. Robinhood, Coinbase vs. Binance, Coinbase vs. Bitpanda, Coinbase vs. Kraken, Coinbase vs. eToro, Coinbase vs. Exodus and many more.
On the positive side, payments by credit card are possible. This means that cryptocurrencies and coins can be purchased directly. The Exchange is also especially suitable for beginners. It should be noted, however, that a wallet is required.
How do I get my Coinbase API key?
Easy import of your transactions via API import from Coinbase
- Go to settings Coinbase API Keys
- Click "New API key"
- Select "All Accounts"
- Grant at least these "read" permissions:
- - wallet:accounts:read
- - wallet:buys:read
- - wallet:checkouts:read
- - wallet:deposits:read
- - wallet:sells:read
- - wallet:orders:read
- - wallet:payment-methods:read
- - wallet:transactions:read
- - wallet:withdrawals:read
How do I get my Coinbase Pro API key?
Easy import of your transactions via API import from Coinbase Pro
- Go to Coinbase Pro (GDAX) API Keys
- Under Profile Information in the API Settings tab, click the "+ NEW API KEY" button at the top right corner
- Select your profile and "read permissions", use "blockpit" as passphrase, and then enter your 2FA code
- Finally, click the "Create API Key" button at the bottom to make a unique key
- The new API key and secret will be displayed on the API Settings page
- Enter the key and the secret at Blockpit
- Find more information in our Help Center.
Enter crypto taxes from Coinbase
How do I enter my Coinbase Pro trades in my tax return?