If a cryptocurrency is used as a means of payment for a purchase, this transaction is taxable just like a trade, given that it took place within the speculative period of one year.
- In your desired manual widget, click Add Transaction.
- Under "Transaction Type", choose "Fees".
- Enter the date and time of the payment.
- Enter the currency you used for the payment as well as its quantity. In addition, you’ll need to state the value of your purchase in legal tender (Euro, Dollar, …). In the input field for the currency, you can either choose from the drop-down list or enter a currency manually if it does not appear in the list.
- You can choose to add a note. Notes can be helpful to sort trades into categories. You can also indicate that the transaction is to be ignored in the balance.
- Click Save to display the transaction in the widget.
Is this answer helpful?