Balance corrections are not taxable. For example, you would need to enter a balance correction if you transferred coins from your hot wallet to a hardware wallet which also belongs to you. Using Blockpit, you just enter the quantity and currency that you want to add to or subtract from the widget's balance.
- In your desired manual widget, click Add Transaction.
- Under "Transaction Type", choose "Balance correction: deposit" if you want to add a transaction to your widget that increases the balance of the widget but is not taxable.
Select "Balance correction withdrawal" if you want to add a transaction to your widget that reduces the widget's balance but is not taxable.
- Enter the date and time of the transaction.
- Enter the currency and the quantity of the affected coin. In the input field for the currency, you can either choose from the drop-down list or enter a currency manually if it does not appear in the list.
- You can choose to add a note. Notes can be helpful to sort trades into categories.
Click Save to display the transaction or balance in the widget.
Is this answer helpful?